Wednesday, April 28, 2010

If I'm in the library, I must be working...right?

It’s the last week of classes and concentration, motivation, and stamina are about as hard to find as a camel in Missouri…oh wait, we had that yesterday…To take a page out of the book of a teacher I observed this week, it’s time for a “brain break”.

I wasn’t able to make it down to Nashville for the hiring fair, but did get in another classroom observation on Monday morning thanks to Ms. J. She’s been going there all semester to observe their Special Ed. Teacher. I spent the first part of the morning with the fourth grade teacher and the second half of the morning. The more I do my observations, the more I recognize how unnatural it is for small children to sit, and sit quietly and still, for a majority of the day. I really like that I’m trying to see classes across the range I could be teaching – rather than convincing me that I really want to do X grade or age level, it makes me think that I could do any level that I get placed.

I’ve started to hear that friends in other regions are getting placed. I keep telling myself that it’s early for even them to know and I shouldn’t get worried about it. I like to plan – definitely makes it harder when I don’t know who I’m planning for yet!

Two more days of classes, then two weeks of studying and finals, one week for senior fun, a week back home, and then off to Nashville!

No comments:

Post a Comment